English remains the key international language of business communication and professional spoken English is an essential tool for everyone working in the international work environment.
Improving your spoken English will increase your productivity, boost your self‑confidence, help you to engage naturally with customers and portray a professional image for yourself and your organization.
This course covers all of the essential principles of professional spoken English for customer service and business interactions at the office, including meetings, telephone calls and presentations.
By the end of this course, your staff will be able to:
- Engage with others more confidently in English
- Speak more fluently and coherently with correct grammar and pronunciation
- Provide the highest standards of customer service in English
- Efficiently handle enquiries and requests for assistance
- Communicate in a wide range of office situations
- Conduct and participate proactively in meetings
- Organize and give a professional talk / presentation / briefing
- Handle problems and complaints politely and efficiently
- Greetings and introductions in business and social settings
- Talking about your company, your job and department
- Handling telephone calls and providing information over the phone
- Conducting and participating proactively in business meetings
- Negotiating skills: bargaining to reach a win-win outcome
- Public speaking: giving talks, presentations and briefings
- Socializing in English, taking a client for a meal, making small talk
- Handling problems and complaints and proposing solutions
This course is lively and interactive with engaging activities and plenty of opportunities to practise speaking through discussions, role‐plays, quizzes, team activities and feedback.
Meet The Trainer
Antony is originally from the UK and has been living and working in Hong Kong for the past 25 years.
He is a qualified native English teacher and specialises in Business English training. Over the years, Antony has designed and conducted over 1,000 Business English courses for a wide range of companies and organizations across Europe, The Middle East and Asia.
Clients include The United States Consulate General, Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, Hong Kong Housing Society, Knight Frank, The Hong Kong Tourism Board, Wynn Macau, MGM Grand, StarWorld Hotel, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, Fed-Ex Express, Siemens, and many more.
Comments from Participants
“Highly interactive training – a great chance for us to practise our English.” Didi Chan, Langham Place Hotel.
“Top quality interactive training! All of the topics are work‐related and can immediately be applied to our real work.” Candy Chong, Langham Place Hotel
“The teacher’s very friendly and understands our common problems in using English.” Theodore Leung, Langham Place Hotel
“The role‐play sessions are very helpful and there’s a lot of interaction between the tutor and the participants.” Teresa Poon, Langham Place Hotel
“This English class was very practical and interesting – so I hope the next class can be longer.” Pheonix Au, Wynn Macau
“The role‐plays are really useful as the facilitator points out our mistakes, which helps us improve.” Flossie Tam, Wynn Macau
“Great trainer who is so knowledgeable and always ready to answer our queries.” Michelle Cheong, Wynn Macau
“The training handouts are very useful and good reference materials for future use.” Vienna Tam, Wynn Macau
“The trainer’s feedback is very helpful as we can learn from our errors and others’ mistakes.” Joanna Ho, Wynn Macau
“All the sessions were excellent. It would be fantastic if the course could be longer!” Angela Chan, Wynn Macau