This course is suitable for staff working in any frontline service position in the hotel and is designed to help you deliver exceptional Customer Service to your guests in English.
- Enable your staff to interact with guests confidently and professionally in English
- Polish use of English, eliminating common Hong Kong errors in spoken English
- Improve listening skills to handle guest enquiries both face-to-face and over the phone
- Fine tune pronunciation so they speak more like a native English speaker
- Refine body language, posture, facial expression and eye contact to show a sincere attitude and deliver exceptional customer service
- Greetings and introductions in social, business and hospitality settings
- Describing your hotel’s facilities, rooms and amenities
- Taking telephone reservations and bookings for rooms, dinner, spa, etc.
- Giving clear internal and external directions, referring to a map
- Handling customer service situation at the front‐desk, check‐in, checkout, etc.
- Taking food and beverage orders and serving guests in the bar/restaurant
- Making small talk, using conversation starters and conversing naturally
- Describing tourist attractions and recommending things to see and do
- Handling problems and complaints, apologizing and promising action
This course is lively and interactive with engaging activities and plenty of opportunities to practise speaking through discussions, role‐plays, quizzes, team activities and feedback.
Meet The Trainer
Antony is originally from the UK and has been living and working in Hong Kong for the past 25 years.
He is a qualified native English teacher and specialises in Business English training. Over the years, Antony has designed and conducted over 1,000 Business English courses for a wide range of companies and organizations across Europe, The Middle East and Asia.
Clients include The United States Consulate General, Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, Hong Kong Housing Society, Knight Frank, The Hong Kong Tourism Board, Wynn Macau, MGM Grand, StarWorld Hotel, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, Fed-Ex Express, Siemens, and many more.
Comments from Participants
“Highly interactive training – a great chance for us to practise our English.” Didi Chan, Langham Place Hotel.
“Top quality interactive training! All of the topics are work‐related and can immediately be applied to our real work.” Candy Chong, Langham Place Hotel
“The teacher’s very friendly and understands our common problems in using English.” Theodore Leung, Langham Place Hotel
“The role‐play sessions are very helpful and there’s a lot of interaction between the tutor and the participants.” Teresa Poon, Langham Place Hotel
“This English class was very practical and interesting – so I hope the next class can be longer.” Pheonix Au, Wynn Macau
“The role‐plays are really useful as the facilitator points out our mistakes, which helps us improve.” Flossie Tam, Wynn Macau
“Great trainer who is so knowledgeable and always ready to answer our queries.” Michelle Cheong, Wynn Macau
“The training handouts are very useful and good reference materials for future use.” Vienna Tam, Wynn Macau
“The trainer’s feedback is very helpful as we can learn from our errors and others’ mistakes.” Joanna Ho, Wynn Macau
“All the sessions were excellent. It would be fantastic if the course could be longer!” Angela Chan, Wynn Macau