This course is designed for staff working in Food & Beverage Service positions and aims to develop their speaking and listening skills for professional food and beverage service and for making polite chit-chat with guests.
- Develop your staff’s speaking and listening skills so that they can communicate more clearly and effectively with guests in food and beverage service situations
- Improve the staff’s spoken fluency and confidence in English so that they may engage more naturally and comfortably with guests
- Refine your staff’s English so that they use the most courteous expressions when serving and assisting guests
- Ensure that your staff’s English is clear and correct, eliminating Hong Kong English errors, and improving pronunciation
- Greetings and introductions in social, business and hospitality settings
- Telephone etiquette, handing telephone enquiries and taking reservations
- Welcoming guests at the restaurant, greeting and seating
- Explaining breakfast options and taking breakfast orders
- Giving directions to the washrooms and other hotel facilities
- Promoting signature drinks and taking drinks orders
- Talking through the menu and highlighting signature dishes
- Describing dishes, presentation, cooking method, flavours, etc.
- Taking lunch and dinner orders
- Checking in on guests during the meal
- Responding to positive and negative feedback
- Taking desert, coffee and after-dinner drinks orders
- Talking through the bill and handling payment
- Seeing guests off and encouraging a return visit
This course is lively and interactive with engaging activities and plenty of opportunities to practise speaking through discussions, role‐plays, quizzes, team activities and feedback.
Meet The Trainer
Antony is originally from the UK and has been living and working in Hong Kong for the past 25 years.
He is a qualified native English teacher and specialises in Business English training. Over the years, Antony has designed and conducted over 1,000 Business English courses for a wide range of companies and organizations across Europe, The Middle East and Asia.
Clients include The United States Consulate General, Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, Hong Kong Housing Society, Knight Frank, The Hong Kong Tourism Board, Wynn Macau, MGM Grand, StarWorld Hotel, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, Fed-Ex Express, Siemens, and many more.
Comments from Participants
“Highly interactive training – a great chance for us to practise our English.” Didi Chan, Langham Place Hotel.
“Top quality interactive training! All of the topics are work‐related and can immediately be applied to our real work.” Candy Chong, Langham Place Hotel
“The teacher’s very friendly and understands our common problems in using English.” Theodore Leung, Langham Place Hotel
“The role‐play sessions are very helpful and there’s a lot of interaction between the tutor and the participants.” Teresa Poon, Langham Place Hotel
“This English class was very practical and interesting – so I hope the next class can be longer.” Pheonix Au, Wynn Macau
“The role‐plays are really useful as the facilitator points out our mistakes, which helps us improve.” Flossie Tam, Wynn Macau
“Great trainer who is so knowledgeable and always ready to answer our queries.” Michelle Cheong, Wynn Macau
“The training handouts are very useful and good reference materials for future use.” Vienna Tam, Wynn Macau
“The trainer’s feedback is very helpful as we can learn from our errors and others’ mistakes.” Joanna Ho, Wynn Macau
“All the sessions were excellent. It would be fantastic if the course could be longer!” Angela Chan, Wynn Macau