With most executives these days spending approximately 20-25% of their time writing, the skill of being able to write effectively is now more important than ever.
Improving your business writing skills will in turn improve your efficiency and productivity, and create a professional image for yourself and your company.
During this practical and interactive workshop, you will learn all of the essential principles of professional modern business writing and how to write the most common types of business correspondence, including business letters, faxes, memos, e-mails and short reports.
- Structure your messages clearly and logically in a reader‐friendly style
- Choose an appropriate level of formality to suit your readers and the situation
- Communicate information clearly and concisely in modern ‘Plain English’
- Write with a personal, engaging style to build relationships with customers
- Brush up your grammar and eliminate common HK errors from your writing
- Recognise and eliminate old‐fashioned expressions, clichés and redundancies
- Write a full range of business correspondence for everyday business situations
- Handle problems, complaints and sensitive situations with a diplomacy
- Guidelines for producing attractive and inviting business documents
- Rules and conventions for modern business writing, updated for 2020
- Structuring your communications logically using a four‐point plan
- Changing informal spoken English to professional written English
- Using headings, paragraphs, bullets and tables to improve readability
- Writing enquiries and replies, proposals and counter‐proposals
- Writing invitations, goodwill e‐mails, complaints and apologies
- Writing memos to inform, request, remind, advise, warn, suggest, etc.
- Writing agendas, notices of meetings and minutes of meetings
- Writing formal e‐mail reports with appropriate structure and tone
Meet The Trainer
Antony is originally from the UK and has been living and working in Hong Kong for the past 25 years.
He is a qualified native English teacher and specialises in Business English training. Over the years, Antony has designed and conducted over 1,000 Business English courses for a wide range of companies and organizations across Europe, The Middle East and Asia.
Clients include The United States Consulate General, Sheraton Hong Kong Hotel & Towers, Hong Kong Housing Society, Knight Frank, The Hong Kong Tourism Board, Wynn Macau, MGM Grand, StarWorld Hotel, InterContinental Grand Stanford Hong Kong, Fed-Ex Express, Siemens, and many more.
Comments from Participants
“This business writing skills training should be cascaded to all managers.” Josette Chan, Hong Kong Housing Society
“This business writing course should be promoted to other colleagues.” Bobby Li, Hong Kong Housing Society
“A very good English trainer with excellent presentation skills!” Billy Lam, Hong Kong Housing Society
“I highly recommend this business writing course to other colleagues.” Anthony Kam, Hong Kong Housing Society
“A very nice teacher and well‐organized presentation.” Melaine Ma, The Great Eagle Properties Management Company Limited.